Friday, May 27, 2011

What's Next?

My daughter is getting married in 2 days!
Jessica has been planning this special day for a year and now that it's so close it seems completely surreal.  It feels like it's happening quickly but in slow motion at the same time. 
Yesterday we went to pick up my son Joshua's tuxedo. I watched him trying it on and wondered to myself, how can my little baby boy be standing there all grown up in a tuxedo with his sister fixing his tie?  Then Jessica turns to me and says, "I'm going to see if my dress is ready so I can pick it up today instead of coming back tomorrow." 
The next thing I know we're walking out with THE Dress and his tuxedo. Then my kids get in the car and drive off to lunch together, very casual, as if  last 27 years didn't just flash through my head like a reel of 8mm film. I remember when Jessica would sit in front of the TV watching Barney with Josh in her lap.





How did we get from there to here?








When you're raising your family and just trying to make it through each day sometimes you forget to treasure the special moments, then all of a sudden, you realize every moment is special. I am grateful and thankful, I have the most amazing children in the world and, I can't wait to add one more!

No comments: